Friday, March 18, 2005

C-SPAN, "Balance" and Irving

A reader has forwarded the following excerpt from Irving's correspondence with C-SPAN:

You already covered from start to finish a talk I gave in Washington DC about three years back. You (C-SPAN) also filmed a lengthy interview with me at the BookExpo in New York's Jacob Javits Center in about 2002. You were kind enough to broadcast that interview several times.

http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/05/03/Lipstadt_CSpan.html


I haven't confirmed this with C-SPAN, nor have I confirmed the actual content of the very enthusiastic emails from C-SPAN (although, considering the source - and his creative writing abilities - one should probably do so); however, if true, I have to wonder which historian they invited to provide "balance" to Irving's performances. I do know they didn't invite me.

No comments: